Easy and quick tutorial on how to make your own dispersion effect using Photoshop in less than 5 minutes!!
step by step tutorial below
- Choose a picture with a solid background or you can edit the background to make it solid color. Open your picture in Photoshop and create two duplicate layers of the background.
- Hide the two new layers and choose the selection tool.
Select part of the background that will cover your image and make a new layer with that selection. Scale it so it so it is just the background showing. you can merge those now.
- Unhide the top layer and go to filter and liquefy. Select a small brush and drag just the edges of your body to one side. Then get a larger brush and completely cover that side of the image. Click okay
- Add layer mask by clicking on the mask icon under the layers toolbar. Make sure the mask is selected and click on invert or you can use a shortcut ALT+ DELETE.
- Okay, now grab your eraser tool, and select a brush similar to mine or download the same ones I used from here. Open the brush settings so you can rotate the brush or scale it Make sure the middle layer is selected not the top one and start deleting the edges of your body.
Here i got some color differences between the background and this layer so i will just erase the whole part.
- Play with the brush settings a bit and when you are happy with the result go chose a different eraser brush tweak the setting a bit. Go select the top layer mask and start erasing the mask like shown.
- Put as many particles as you can and grab the brush tool. Select different brushes and cover the mask.
I like to go around the edges and leave more particles in the middle but it is up to you.
8. If you covered too much mask erase some more by selecting the erase tool and doing the same thing again.